News & Events
June 29, 2021
Early Dismissal at 12 noon on Tuesday June 29
School will be in session for the morning only on June 29. Students will be dismissed at 12 noon. Students will have the opportunity to pack up their desks and lockers (students should bring bags to carry their belongings home), say goodbye to their teachers and classmates , and view our virtual Grade 8 Leaving Ceremony and Year End School assembly.
- Be aware of air quality and heat advisories
- Please bring a large, water bottle filled with cold water. Water bottles can be refilled at our bottle filling station and in our Foods Room.
- Masks are still required in the school (bring your mask from home)
- It is recommended that students:
- wear loose fitting, light coloured clothing
- bring a hat (preferably wide-brimmed) to wear outside
- apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen
While the forecast is for somewhat cooler temperatures on June 29, we expect classrooms to be warmer than usual for this time of year. To mitigate the effects of the heat:
- fans will be used in classrooms
- shades will be drawn and windows kept open (depending out the outside air temperature)
- students will be encouraged to stay hydrated throughout the day
- classroom activities will be moved outside if there is shade available and a breeze, depending upon the outside temperature
- upstairs classrooms/cohorts will be relocated to areas downstairs as needed
- strenuous physical activities will be discouraged
As always, we ask that student absences be reported to the school office prior to 9 a.m. each school day. A message can be left 24/7 by calling (604) 517-6040.