News & Events
October 20, 2020
Please visit the school district website for information about Hallowe’en in New Westminster Schools. Of note:
- Students in costume at school (when permitted) should be easily recognizable and/or be able to identify themselves to staff or other students when asked. No full-face masks permitted.
- As per the guidance from Dr. Bonnie Henry, Provincial Health Officer, costume masks are NOT a suitable replacement for masks being used to protect each other from COVID-19.
- No replica weapons (guns, knives, etc.) are allowed on school property.
- We celebrate diversity and inclusion in New Westminster schools. Costumes that are offensive or in poor taste are not permitted … when selecting a costume, please consider whether the costume violates rights or appropriates identity, based on rights maintained under the Canadian Human Rights Act: race, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic characteristics, or disabilities.
- School codes of conduct must always be followed. This means continuing to act in respectful ways to peers and staff, and maintaining good care of school property … vandalism is never acceptable and is a crime.
- The possession or use of firecrackers or fireworks at school is strictly prohibited at all times.
- Please refrain from sending any shared treats or candies to school with your child, to help maintain safe COVID-19 related protocols in place this year.