News & Events
April 19, 2019
Parent Survey Request!
Parent Survey Request (as part of the 2019 Ministry of Education Student Learning Survey)
Dear Parents and Guardians,
New Westminster schools are participating in the 2019 Ministry of Education Student Learning Survey (formerly called the Satisfaction Survey).
New Westminster schools are participating in the 2019 Ministry of Education Student Learning Survey (formerly called the Satisfaction Survey). The Student Learning Survey is for students in grades 4, 7, 10 and 12, their parents, and staff. We are encouraging participation in the survey. Grade 7 students have already completed the survey at school.
We are inviting all parents and guardians of our grade 7 students to complete the survey. The deadline for completion has been extended to midnight of May 3. Our current parent participation rate is only 4%. We are asking all grade 7 parents and guardians complete the survey; your responses provide important data to inform our school and district plans.
To complete the survey:
• Open the link: http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/sat_survey/access.htm
• Scroll down to the Parent Section
• Choose the Direct Access – no log on required and fill in the required fields:
District: 40 New Westminster (choose from menu provided)
School: Queensborough Middle School (choose from menu provided)
Language: Choose from the list of languages provided Click “Log On”
• Complete the survey by clicking on the “radio buttons” for each question. Move to the next set of questions by clicking on NEXT in the bottom right corner of the screen.
• When you are finished the survey, you will get a message “Thank you for sharing your views”.
• If you feel you made a mistake, repeat the procedure above.
• Once complete, the school will have the results immediately.
Please be sure that you complete the entire survey. The Ministry’s questions are followed by questions from the district and then by questions from the school.
Thank you for your participation. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lisa Nasato, principal, or John Lekakis, vice principal.